01 November 2008

The perfect wake-up

Last night Jude (8) and I, after discovering our bedrooms shared a wall, struck a deal: when he woke (rather, an hour after he woke, given his 6:30 a.m. self-propelled launch in the world), he would knock on my wall three times. Then he would pause. Then knock three times again. And so on and so forth until he heard a corresponding three knocks back, indicating a wake-up has occurred.

And so this morning it came: * tap tap tap * * tap tap tap * * long pause * * tap tap tap * I roused, disoriented, wondering whether or not they had construction going on or whether or not there was a bird having a heydey at my window until I remembered. Rolling over, I * tap tap tap'd* back. Silence. A moment later the door peeks open: "Are you awake?"

It was perfect. I'm now going to see if I can convince him to play his violin to wake me tomorrow morning...and then I'm going to steal him forever.

8 comments:

sara said...

Yo yo yo....

sara said...

What up yo....

sara said...

what's goin on? yo?

sara said...

It's like receiving text messages...

sara said...

One at a time...

sara said...

Fun huh?

MezzoCO said...

I love it!

LatinaDiana said...

Does he knock with a Scottish accent?

I hear the golfing in your neck of the woods is amazing.

I would guess the literature isn't nearly as impressive once you've fallen into your fairytale, no? I can't wait to see all the creativity your journey inspires. :)